Tuesday 7 November 2017

Tuesday 7th November: Birchbox Pop-up, Carnaby Street











I've only started to go out of my comfort zone to dabble in the art of wearing makeup and one of the main contributors to that life-shift is thanks to BirchBox.  I'm signed up to their subscription service which sends out a monthly surprise package of cosmetics picked to match your profile.  This means that I get to try things that I have never encountered before and experiment to see if they work.  Over the course of a year, I now have a whole face worth of components that I can confidently put together.  This means I finally understand foundation, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, highlighter, bronzer, lipstick, tints, primers ............ not to mention the very handy moisturisers, cleansers, etc etc.  It's always something really useful and today was no exception.  I now finally have a concealer for the first time and excited to try it out!
That's because today I had the treat of compiling a BirchBox for free!  The online retailer have opened a pop-up shop on Carnaby Street in time for the Christmas Lights being switched on.  The first 100 customers thru the door got a golden ticket to use the pick'n'mix style service of selecting five items from a multiple choice menu.  These product ranges encompassed makeup, skin and hair so that it's a complete care parcel.  I feel thoroughly indulged and spoilt.  I can't wait to add these bonus items to my newly flourishing beauty kit bag!


No comments: