Tuesday 22 April 2014

Tues 22nd April: Record Store Day






I joined the pilgrimage of vinyl lovers to the capital's hub of LP life (Berwick Street) to celebrate Record Store Day.  I ran straight down to Phonica Records to acquire my main purchase for the day which was the double gate-fold release of the new Africa Express album "Maison Des Jeunes" recorded in Mali and now compiled with extra tracks by Transgressive.  I then headed over to the Sounds Of The Universe sound system to catch BoilerRoom's Thristian's set before the crowds totally took over the streets of Soho for Fourtet at Four!  I ended the day at my fave place for an afternoon of digging for gold - The Music & Goods Exchange where I got a canvas tote version of their classic carrier bag!

Head over to the Line Of Best Fit for a comprehensive account of how the "Mason Des Jeunes" shortlist came about - here.

No comments: